Saturday, July 13, 2013

SSD Letters: Friends Forever

Today is Saturday, you know what that means.  Another episode of Saturday Stash Dive where this month's focus is on letters.  I must say, I love today's layout.  I love how much texture is created by making your own background using up letters. 


I used the same color combo as I did for last weeks episode.  I love the blue, yellow and black.  It's classy, yet energetic.  I love it.  I must say that I'm not a yellow lover but I could very well turn into one with this combination.

  I made fun embellishment clusters, using a stamped image and some photo frame from the Pier collection by Crate Paper.  I love those frames and have been dying to get them.  A huge thanks to Sandra who sent them to me in a RAK.  I also added some black epoxy heart from Close To My Heart and some stickers from On Trend (Crate Paper) and Woodland Park (October Afternoon).  With a finishing touch of some star wood vernier and misted butterflies (Studio Calico) I felt that the clusters were finished.
So I realize that I screwed up on the title.  It was supposed to say "Friends Forever" but I was tired when I did this layout and ended up putting the title as "Forever Forever."  I did make the changes to it after I took the pictures, but I didn't take the pictures after I made the changes.  I just thought I would put up the pictures with my error to show you how funny it was.
Here is the finished page.  I just love the paper I chose.  From the background paper from the DIY Shop (Crate Paper) to the yellow triangle paper from Color and Composition (Webster's Pages).  I even dove into my stash really deep and pulled out the blue paper I used for the photo mat.  This paper is from Close to My Heart.  I have a prep video for all the supplies I used in the video below. 
 
This is the sketch for the layout that I made.  Please feel free to use this sketch for your next layout:
 
 
Here is the process video for the layout:

No comments:

Post a Comment