Saturday, December 31, 2011

Japanese temple layout

Here is a quick layout I made using 2 pieces of cocoa card stock from close to my heart. I used the couch potato paper from Bella blvd. (brown check pattern), root beer barrels from October afternoon (light brown spot pattern as well as the embellishment circles), 2 patterns from sassafras lass girl's best friend (diamond pattern) the other pattern i can't locate the name on but it's old an they don't make it anymore. I also used some cocoa ribbon and juniper buttons from close to my heart. The alphas are from thickers. (I'm not sure of the names)

As you can see the layout is fairly simple. I used all 4x6 photos and then just trimmed some of them down to give a better feel to the page. The sketch wanted to use all 2.5x2.5 pictures for the collage piece on the right. My pictures didn't suit this very well, so I instead took one of my bigger images and cut it into 4 blocks to add more Interest.

I had quite a bit of scrap paper left over. And I didn't want it to just sit in my scrap pile for another year, so I decided to make a couple of cards. I just used some ivory card bases from American crafts Christmas cards stack. I used my close to my heart art phillophosy cartridge. I cut out the image square 3 at 2" in colonial white cards stock and then again at 2-1/4" in the black. I put that on one of the "b" sides of the patterned paper cut at 2-1/4". After I assembles all of the paper to the sizes I liked, I hot glued some I am roses pink roses. I also used some prima swirls to accent the swirl stamps. The stamps are from hero arts "thinking of you" and Hampton arts "family". These are really old stamp sets that I had in my stash.

I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment