Thursday, March 21, 2013

Smoldering look

So the other layout (Little Moments) didn't really turn out the way I planned.  However, this layout exceeded my expectations.  I already knew what color scheme I wanted to use.  I have another layout from the same place, but this time I was in the pictures.  I made a layout using a pink, black/grey, and aqua color scheme.  I wanted to use the same colors, but I wanted to change the feel of it.

Because I already new the colors I wanted it use, it was pretty easy to go into the Kit (Studio Calico Neverland Kit for March) and pick out the paper I wanted to use. Unfortunately, there really was only one piece of pink paper that I could use. So with that being said, I went into my scrap stash to see what was there. I found 3 pieces of patterned paper that helped bring it all together.  I couldn't find the aqua/mint color I was looking for so I ended up using some new paper from the Party Day collection from Crate Paper.  It coordinated so well with the other colors.

I really love the fact that I got to mix old product with new product.  I feel like I don't use enough of my scraps up and they are really starting to get away on me.  So a small goal for me is to use at lease one piece of old scrap paper on each layout.  (I will make a good attempt anyway.)




This is the full page view.
 

Here is a close up of the very gorgeous Mr. Depp.

This is a look at the embellishment cluster to the left of the photo.

This is the embellishment cluster of the top right of the layout.

This is the bottom right embellishment cluster. 

Here is a good look at the splatters of ink as well as the title.
 
The supplies used are:
 

Amy Tan - Yes Please - Commit (kit)
                - Ready, Set, Go - Puffy Stickers
American Crafts - XOXO
                           - Thickers - Goodness (kit)
Studio Calico - HeyDay - Cheerful
                       - Wood Vernier Arrows (Feb SC kit)
                       - silhouette die cuts
                       - printable
                      - Fabrips - Aqua Dot
                       - Wood "Hello" vernier (kit)
                       - Mr. Huey's - Inky Black
Crate Paper - Party Day - Cut Outs
My Mind's Eye - The Sweetest Thing - Honey label stickers
                          - The Sweetest Thing - Grey lace washi tape
Close to My Heart - Black bakers twine
Echo Park - Photo Freedom - Letter stickers and tab
Heidi Swapp - Color Shine - Primrose
Basic Grey - Enamel Dots - Blue/Green
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment