Saturday, May 11, 2013

Be Creative - NSD challenge

 
 
Here is another double duty layout that I made for NSD challenge.  This time is was for Studio Calico and Shimelle.com.
 
Studio Calico - Give mixed media a try
 
Shimelle.com - Paint it up
 
I used a background pattern paper from MME Follow Your Heart, Be Amazing.  I added some Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass to the edges.  I then used a piece of white cardstock and added some Salty Ocean and Broken China Distress Paint.  I needed another softer blue color so I mixed Picket Fence and Broken China Distress Paint together to get a softer blue.  I then added some Tim Holtz Tissue Paper and some vintage book text.  I then added some gesso paint, just to soften everything down and make the tissue and book paper mix into the background.  I then added some Tim Holtz Distress Stamps to the corners of the paper.  I then dove into my flower, metal embellishment and lace stash to add more texture to the page.  I really love the final look.  
 
 A view from the right.
A view from the left.

A view of the top right cluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment