Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday Stash Dive: Glamorous Girls

I'm so excited to bring the premier episode of "Saturday Stash Dive."  It's a week late, but I wanted to make sure I had it all perfect for everyone.  I came up with the idea for this new series while I was watching the latest Two Peas in a Bucket episode of "Scrap Your Stash."  I noticed that they were using brand new product, instead of something they may have in their stash.  This really bothered me.  After I joined the 50 Projects Facebook Group, I felt there was an even bigger need for this series that ever before.  It just felt like there were more haul videos than ever out there.  I even heard someone say that "Scrapbooking was one hobby and Scrapbook shopping was another."  This feels so true.  I really feel there is a need for these videos to aid people in using up what they have.

This month's focus is going to be on 6x6 paper pads and how to incorporate them into your layouts.  If you don't have 6x6 paper pads, don't feel like this doesn't apply.  You can simply substitute it for 12x12 patterned paper.  It might work better for smaller patterns, but you could try big bold patterns and see how it looks. 



For week one:  Boxes.

I was inspired by "Motivation Monday" on the 50 Projects Facebook Group.  Every Monday, Tiffany will post a new inspiration to help get your creativity going for the week.  There is no commitment or obligation to make a page from week to week, but it's too inspiring not to participate. Boxes are a perfect way to use up 6x6 paper.  I used a 1-1/4" square punch but you could use any size of punch, or die, or even your silhouette to cut out the squares.  I used a variety of 6x6 paper pads from My Mind's Eye, Studio Calico, and Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic.  I just chose one paper that had a multicolor pattern and then picked other papers that complimented the multicolor patterned paper.  I also chose a 12x12 chocolate colored cardstock as my background to lay all of my punched out squares on. 

Here is the process video:

 

 Please feel free to leave a comment below and let me know if you have any suggestions for future episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment