Saturday, June 15, 2013

SSD: Nice Day for a Drive

I have to admit, I am loving this new series.  I get so inspired by all of the layouts I see on the 50 Projects Facebook Page.  When Tiffany puts of the Motivation Monday, my brain starts spinning as to how I can incorporate that into my Saturday Stash Dive.  I love seeing everybody's layouts and cards.  It amazes me how everyone's style is so different. 

For this weeks SSD, I started by looking for inspiration.  I was looking on Printerest and message boards for inspiration but nothing really jumped out and grabbed my attention.  It wasn't until I was moving some things around my scrap room where I came upon my binder of Shimelle Lain classes.  I just thought for the fun of it I would open the book and just look at the pictures and see if anything spoke to me.  Then, there it was.  The layout just jumped off of the page and I knew I had to use this design.  It was perfect.  I loved how you could used several papers so you could get a hint of each pattern.  So now I had my plan. 

Next came inspiration.  It is so true when the say inspiration can happen anywhere and that is exactly what happened.  Sandra (ohsnapgonzo on YouTube) and I were having a Skype scrapbook crop one night and I showed her what the modeling paste, that I had made, did.  She loved how it got all puffy.  Then she said I should do a layout using clouds on the top of a page.  So I was keeping this in mind while I was picking my papers.

I chose a paper pad that I purchased from Studio Calico for March, called Neverland.  I loved how their was some cloud paper and city skyline paper.  Now that I had the paper, I knew what photo I wanted to use.  I kept that in the back of my mind while I was pulling the rest of my embellishments.  I placed everything down on my desk and then put the picture on top.  GENIUS!!!!  It looked brilliant!

I couldn't wait to get started, so I got to it right away.  The farther into the layout I got, the more awesomer it got.  (Awesomer, is that even a word.)  I just loved how it turned out.

The process video is below:




Please make sure you leave a comment below for your suggestion for future episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment