Saturday, June 22, 2013

SSD: Impossible

Hi Everyone.  It's Saturday, so you know what that means.  It's another episode of Saturday Stash Dive.  I will be continuing the focus of using 6x6 paper pads on a layout.  I did do a prep video for this episode and I was meaning to post it on the blog but somehow I missed doing that.  Here is the prep video:


So from the pictures, you can see I definitely went a little out of my comfort zone and tried something completely out of my style.  I think it's important to try new things to see if you can incorporate these new techniques into a layout.  Although, I'm not too happy with how the page turned out, I love the elements of the page and I think I would try doing this page another way. 


I love the colors that I chose for this layout.  I just love the soft and light colors and how the pop of Gold Pow Glitter Paper just added some interest to the page.  This was my first time trying a Mood Board and I can say, I love it.  I love how it can give you a fresh set of eyes to try something new.

I must say the only thing that went terrible wrong with the page was the excessive amount of misting splatters on the left side of the photo.  I was trying to do a "Boca" type effect and ended more like a bad paint ball accident.  I do love the misting on the right side of the photo.  I wish I did that one first, then I would have just left the other side alone.
 
 
Here is the full process video:

Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment