Tuesday, June 11, 2013

SSD: Prep

This weeks Saturday Stash Dive was totally inspired by a friend of mine, Sandra who is Ohsnapgonzo on YouTube.  We were talking one night on Skype and I was showing here the modeling paste that I had made for my Silhouette Challenge with her.  She asked me if I could tint it, so I tried and it looked AMAZING!!!  So when I showed her, she said "Lisa, you have to do a layout using that.  You need to make clouds."  So that's where the whole inspiration for this page came up.....THANK YOU SANDRA!!!!  That just goes to prove our late night Skype talks are totally worth it.
 
Yesterday I started preparing my supplies for my next episode of "Saturday Stash Dive". I pulled one collection 6x6 pad this time. I chose the Studio Calico Neverland pad that was from March. I wanted to make sure all of the papers matched and this was the easiest because Studio Calico has done all of the work for you.

After I chose the 6x6 pad I wanted to pull in some 12x12 papers to coordinate. I knew I was going to use white cardstock as my base so I pulled that out as well. For the 12x12 patterned paper, I pulled a few from Studio Calico and one from Pebbles. I also made sure I pulled a couple of 12x12 papers that have journaling cards on them.

Now for the extras. I knew I wanted to use one of my Las Vegas pictures, so I pulled the Amy Tan Yes Please stamp set. I really love the city skyline stamp and wanted to use it. I then pulled some coordinating inks from Hero Arts in charcoal, tide pool and pale tomato. I then pulled some Washi tape in some coordinating colors. I then went to my stickers and pulled some from October Afternoon and Amy Tan.  I have a dish in from of the scrapping area that has a whole bunch of different embellishments like wood vernier, flair, and sequins.  I pulled some of these out that I thought would work well.   So to tint my clouds, I wasn't sure what color I wanted to use.  I pulled Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, and Evergreen Bough Distress Reinkers. 
 
I hope you join me on Saturday, June 15th for the next edition of Saturday Stash Dive.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment